> Conditional Exercise 6
Conditional Exercise 6
Present Unreal Conditional and Past Unreal Conditional
Using the words in parentheses, complete the text below with the appropriate conditional form, then click the "Check" button to check your answers.
1. If I (have)
enough money, I (backpack)
around Europe. But, unfortunately, I am broke.
2. If I (have)
enough money in my twenties, I (backpack)
around Europe. But, unfortunately, I was broke.
3. She would have been here earlier if she (miss, not)
4. Thank you for helping me study. If you hadn't tutored me, I (fail)
5. If I exercised more, I (be)
much more fit and I (have, not)
so many health problems.
6. It's too bad Frank isn't with us. If he (be)
here, he (can, translate)
the letter for us.
7. Stop asking me what Joe bought you for your birthday. Even if I (know)
what he bought you, I (tell, not)
8. My business trip to California was only two days. If the trip (be)
longer, I (visit)
my friends in Los Angeles.
9. I'm sorry, I didn't know you were allergic to chocolate. If I (know)
, I (make)
you a vanilla birthday cake.
10. Did you hear that Margaret won $2,000 in Las Vegas, and she used the money to buy a new washing machine and dryer? How boring! If I (win)
that much money, I (go)
to Tahiti for a couple of weeks.
11. Sally's alarm didn't go off, and she was almost late to the interview. If she (arrive)
late, she (might, not, get)
12. Jane is polite and well mannered. She (say, never)
anything rude or insulting. That is just the kind of person she is.
13. Martha said that Paul called Nick a jerk at the party. I don't believe that! Paul is polite and well mannered. He (say, never)
anything rude or insulting like that.
14. Penny's baby daughter almost drank some of the furniture polish which was sitting on the coffee table. If she (drink, actually)
the polish, she (could, get)
sick or even died.
15. If I (can, go)
anywhere in the world, I (go)
to Egypt to see the pyramids.
Copyright © 1997 -
Englishpage.com, All Rights Reserved.
Advertise with us
Learn English at Englishpage.com!
Phrasal Verb Dictionary
Verb + Preposition Dictionary