Modal Verb Tutorial
> Modal Final Test
Have Got to
Modal Final Test
Choose the correct answer for each gap below, then click the "Check" button to check your answers.
1. Ted's flight from Amsterdam took more than 11 hours. He
be exhausted after such a long flight.
2. The book is optional. My professor said we could read it if we needed extra credit. But we
read it if we don't want to.
hear the speaker because the crowd was cheering so loudly.
4. The television isn't working. It
damaged during the move.
hold your breath for more than a minute?
Jack: No, I can't.
be rich to be a success. Some of the most successful people I know haven't got a penny to their name.
7. I've redone this math problem at least twenty times, but my answer is wrong according to the answer key. The answer in the book
do the job if you didn't speak Japanese fluently.
worry so much. It doesn't do you any good. Either you get the job, or you don't. If you don't, just apply for another one. Eventually, you will find work.
be kidding! That can't be true.
leave the table once you have finished your meal and politely excused yourself.
12. Jenny's engagement ring is enormous! It
we move into the living room? It's more comfortable in there and there's a beautiful view of the lake.
14. If I had gone white water rafting with my friends, I
down the Colorado River right now.
15. At first, my boss didn't want to hire Sam. But, because I had previously worked with Sam, I told my boss that he
take another look at his resume and reconsider him for the position.
take along some cash. The restaurant may not accept credit cards.
17. The machine
on by flipping this switch.
18. I can't stand these people - I
get out of here. I'm going to take off for awhile while you get rid of them.
forget to pay the rent tomorrow. The landlord is very strict about paying on time.
20. Do you always have to say the first thing that pops into your head.
you think once in a while before you speak?
21. Terry and Frank said they would come over right after work, so they
be here by 6:00.
22. Yesterday, I
cram all day for my French final. I didn't get to sleep until after midnight.
no longer suffer the injustice of oppression! Freedom shall be ours!
24. If I had gone to the University of Miami, I
participated in their Spanish immersion program.
25. The lamp
be broken. Maybe the light bulb just burned out.
Advertise with us
Learn English at Englishpage.com!
Phrasal Verb Dictionary
Verb + Preposition Dictionary